- Heat oil in heavy skillet. Stir in the onion, bay leaves, cumin salt and oregano. Mix green bell peppers, celery, garlic, green chili peppers, jalapeno peppers and cook till onion is tender. Add the crumbles of vegetarian burger. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes on low.
- Add tomatoes. Season with pepper and child powder. Stir in the 3 beans (garbanzo, kidney and black beans). Add corn and heat the other ingredients through before you serve the dish on the table.
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Chopped Onion ½ medium Kidney Beans 1 15 oz can Salt 1 Tbs Garbanzo beans 1 15 oz can
Olive oil 1 Tbs Black beans 1 15 oz can
Jalapeno peppers 2 Whole kernel corn 1 15 oz can
Green bell peppers 2 Whole peeled tomatoes 3 28 oz can
Celery 2 stalks Vegetarian burger crumbles 2 12 oz packages Ground cumin 1 tsp Green chili peppers 4 oz cans
Bay leaves 2 Ground black pepper 1 Tbs
Dried oregano 2 Tbs Chili powder ¼ cup
Garlic 3 cloves
Monday, February 25, 2013
Chicken breasts 4 nos. Cumin 1 pinch
Garlic 1 clove Salsa 1 cup
Salt 1 pinch Cheddar Cheese 1 cup shredded
Ground Pepper 1 pinch
1. Preheat oven 375⁰ F or 190⁰ C.
2. Grease a skillet and heat it to medium. Take 4 pieces of boned and skinned chicken breasts and smear it with seasoning, garlic and cumin. Brown for about 10 – 15 minutes on all sides.
Transfer chicken breasts to a casserole dish or baking dish (13” x 9” wide). Pour the salsa on top and sprinkle the cheese liberally over the chicken. Bake in oven for about 15 – 20 minutes still bubbly and brown. Pour it over the buttered noodles or rice.
Sunday, February 24, 2013
Eggs 4 All-purpose Flour 2 cups
Vegetable Oil 1 ¼ cups Baking powder 2 tsp
White sugar 2 cups Baking soda 2 tsp
Vanilla 2 tsp Salt ½ tsp
Grated Carrots 3 Ground Cinnamon 2 tsp
Chopped Pecans 1 cup
Ingredients for frosting
Butter ½ cup Confectioner’s sugar 4 cups
Softened Cream cheese 8 oz Vanilla extract 1 tsp
Chopped Pecans 1 cup
1. Preheat oven to 350⁰ F or 175⁰ C. Grease and flour a 13” x 9”pan.
2. In large bowl beat eggs with sugar, oil and 2 tsp vanilla. Mix in the flour, baking powder and baking soda, cinnamon and salt. The grated carrots should be gently stirred in followed by the pecans and then poured into the pan.
3. The carrot cake will be ready after about 40 to 50 minutes. Use a toothpick to check if it is done. Cool mixture in the pan before turning it onto the wire rack.
4. To make the frosting: Combine cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a medium bowl and whisk till creamy and smooth. Fold in the chopped pecans. Frost cake when it is cold.
Saturday, February 23, 2013
White Sugar ¼ cup
Cinnamon 1 tsp
Butter ¾ cup All-purpose Flour 4 ½ cups
Sugar 3 cups Cinnamon 2 tsp
Eggs 3 Baking soda 3 tsp
Bananas 6 Walnuts (optional) 1 cup
Sour cream 1 container (16 oz) Salt ½ tsp
Vanilla 2 tsp
- The oven should be preheated to 300⁰ F or 150⁰C. Take four loaf pans of size 7” x 3”.
Stir in 1 teaspoon of cinnamon with ¼ cup sugar. Sprinkle this mixture to dust the pans lightly.
- Cream butter with sugar. Mash the ripened bananas. Add to bowl with eggs, sour cream, ground cinnamon and vanilla extract. Now mix in the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir chopped walnuts gently into mixture and divide equally in the prepared pans.
- Bake about an hour. Insert a toothpick to check if it is done.